What I Was Before I Became a Catholic
I was a Methodist all my life, however, I always felt something was missing.
Why I Converted to Catholicism
I married my husband, who is Catholic. Even though our son was baptized in the Methodist Church we sent him to Catholic school, and he went through First Communion through the Catholic Church. After this my curiosity about the Catholic Faith became stronger, and I entered the RCIA class and became Catholic at the Easter Vigil in 2001. My husband and I had our marriage blessed in the Church that same night. I knew that I had finally come home to the true Church and have been blessed beyond measure ever since.
How I Converted to Catholicism
I have a wonderful daughter-in-law (now, not then) and my best friend who were there for me every step of the way. We were taught through the Catechism but I found true meaning to the Faith through the Bible. It is amazing to me how true the Bible is in terms of the Catholic Faith. I truly believe that everyone is Catholic—they just have not realized it yet.
- Anyone who wants to come into the Catholic Faith should have a sound spiritual advisor.
- It is hard to take in everything at once, so don't try. It will come to you.
- Don't be afraid: The Holy Spirit will guide you if you have a open heart.
- Love everyone, like Christ asks us to.
- Let go of all your preconceived notions of the Church, because they are usually wrong.
- Let go and let God!