Lent is a time of preparation for the death of Christ on Good Friday and His Resurrection on Easter Sunday. It is a period of 40 days of repentance, with prayer, fasting and abstinence, and Confession.
Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, 46 days before Easter Sunday. (For an explanation why Lent begins 46 days before Easter but is only 40 days long, see How Are the 40 Days of Lent Calculated?) For Eastern Rite Catholics, Lent begins two days earlier, on Clean Monday. The following is a list of the dates of the Sundays and major feast days that fall in Lent 2015.
Stay up to date on the latest Catholicism news and learn more about the Catholic Faith. Sign up for our free newsletter today!
- Clean Monday (Monday, February 16, 2015)
- Ash Wednesday (Wednesday, February 18, 2015)
- First Sunday of Lent (Sunday, February 22, 2015)
- Second Sunday of Lent (Sunday, March 1, 2015)
- Feast of Saint Patrick (Tuesday, March 17, 2015)
- Feast of Saint Joseph (Thursday, March 19, 2015)
- Third Sunday of Lent (Sunday, March 8, 2015)
- The Annunciation of the Lord (Wednesday, March 25, 2015)
- Fourth Sunday of Lent (Laetare Sunday) (Sunday, March 15, 2015)
- Fifth Sunday of Lent (Passion Sunday) (Sunday, March 22, 2015)
- Palm Sunday (Sunday, March 29, 2015)
- Holy Thursday (Thursday, April 2, 2015)
- Good Friday (Friday, April 3, 2015)
- Holy Saturday (Saturday, April 4, 2015)
- Easter (Sunday, April 5, 2015)