When Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation on February 11, 2013, he took the world by storm, much as he did at his election on April 19, 2005. His pontificate has not been nearly as long as that of Pope John Paul II, but it has been no less significant. History will remember Pope Benedict for, among many other things, the advancement of Christian unity, the restoration of the Traditional Latin Mass, and his tireless efforts—begun in the mid-1980's, during his service as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith—to rid the Catholic Church of the scourge of clerical sexual abuse. And, of course, it will remember his final act of humility, in resigning the papacy so that he could more fully dedicate himself to prayer on behalf of the Church that he has loved and served his entire life.
Please leave a message thanking Pope Benedict XVI for all that he has done, and tell us what prayers and other devotions you will offer for his years of service to the Church.Thank You, Pope Benedict!
- History will eventually recognize your greatness and your holiness. Thank you and God bless you.
- —Guest Mike Pelcher
Thank you, Pope Benedict!
- Thank you for deepening my faith. Thank you for your many books and writings. I have learned so very much from you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless you always, Pope Emeritus Benedict.
- —Guest Pat Ausman
- Thank you for helping me to know Jesus better. Thank you for being a leader.
- —Guest Michael
Thank you, Pope Benedict!
- Thank you and God bless you for all your years of service as Pope, and now as Pope Emeritus. May God strengthen you and hear and answer all your prayers for the Church. We are so very grateful for your prayers!
- —Guest Bonnie
- Thank you, Pope Benedict. I thank you for having the great courage to step down, to allow God's Will to be done. Your act was selfless and very courageous. I have great admiration for you, and will always pray for you. God bless you always.
- —Guest mariadelcarmen arvuzu
Doctor of the Church
- Dear Papa Benedict, because we now have two popes who may be canonized I'm afraid you are being overlooked. There should be a way to make you a doctor of the Church even though you are unlikely to become a saint. You have been far more important to the Church than most people realize. By returning the Church to its core doctrines and traditions you have attracted those of us who have strayed from the Church. I'm happy to say that I'm back in the good graces of the Church primarily because of you, dear Papa. I'm much happier as a result. Thank you, Papa, and God bless.
- —Guest Thomas Tinta
- Your book Jesus of Nazareth played a large role in my return to the Catholic Church.
- —Guest Mary Jean Nelson
- Papst Benedikt, du bist ein Wohnideen! Vielen Dank für Ihre willenlosen Hingabe und eure vielen Beiträge zu unserem katholischen Familie, unsere Jugend und die Welt in einer sehr turbulenten Zeit in der Geschichte. Ich war in der Lage, Sie in ein paar Papstaudienz in Rom im Jahr 2005 zu besuchen und fand mich sehr von Ihrer Fähigkeit, Menschen mit Ihren Schriften erreichen begeistert. Egal, die Medien Ansprüche in Amerika, wo die Medien sehr negativ ist, haben Sie unseren Herrn gedient und führte die Herde als bestellt. Ich möchte Ihnen für die Tätigkeit als Stellvertreter Christi danken, hier. Ich bin dankbar.
- Heiliger Vater, am Tag der Amtseinführung Ihres Nachfolgers Franziskus, der zugleich Ihr Namenstag ist, möchte auch ich Ihnen danken für Ihr großes Pontifikat voller Demut, Klugheit und Liebe. Die Formen der Liturgie, in denen die Auferstehungsherrlichkeit Christi leuchtet, haben Sie in persönlicher Durchdringung gepflegt und weiterentwickelt, nicht aus weltlicher Prachtliebe, sondern aus Liebe zum Herrn und seiner Kirche. Manches haben Sie behutsam vereinfacht und durchscheinender gemacht für den gemeinten Sinn. Solche Vereinfachungen finden immer den Beifall der Welt, die es bei ihren eigenen Zeremonien nicht prachtvoll genug haben kann. Danke, dass Sie dieser Beifallsbereitschaft nicht stärker nachgegeben haben. Gott segne Ihren Lebensfeierabend! Peter Gerloff
- —Guest Peter Gerloff
- Thank you for everything. I hope you will feel better soon.
- —Guest Melissa Alvarado
Thank You for Eight Years of Serivce
- May the Holy Spirit continue to lead you to peace during your retirement.
- —Guest Ethel Brown
No Other Pope
- Your Holiness, in my life, there has not been another Pope who I have loved and respected, as I have loved and respected your Holiness! I am so saddened and fearful, at the same time. I pray Our Eternal Father, our Blessed Lord and our blessed Lady, all the angels and saints, all the blessed and all the holy, will be with you, to watch over you, guide you, and protect you in every way, at all times, now and forever. I can never thank you enough for all that you have done, for me, the Holy Catholic Faith, and the Holy Catholic Church! I will pray that, now, you may rest in peace without the fear of the wolves. God Bless you, Holiness, and be at peace. Yours, in Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Sharon A. Miller
- —Guest Sharon Miller
May God Bless You Abundantly
- May God bless you abundantly on how you led us these years. May he reward the rest of your years with serenity of heart and stable health for the body. Please continue to pray for the Church especially in these troubled times of our world that the gates of the underworld shall not prevail against it. 'Papa Roma Re a leboga thata' (Papa Roma, thank you very much).
- —Guest Cynthia
We Salute You, Holy Father
- Your dedicated service to the Lord & His flock & your resigning the papacy that the Church may better meet its challenges is the finest example of courage & selflessness. Thank you, our dear Pope. We love you most sincerely, & our prayers go with you as you continue to serve Him in a contemplative life of prayers.
- —Guest Chit Simon
Thank You, Pope Benedict
- We will miss you and all the good you achieved. Rest safely and may God bless you always.