When Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation on February 11, 2013, he took the world by storm, much as he did at his election on April 19, 2005. His pontificate has not been nearly as long as that of Pope John Paul II, but it has been no less significant. History will remember Pope Benedict for, among many other things, the advancement of Christian unity, the restoration of the Traditional Latin Mass, and his tireless efforts—begun in the mid-1980's, during his service as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith—to rid the Catholic Church of the scourge of clerical sexual abuse. And, of course, it will remember his final act of humility, in resigning the papacy so that he could more fully dedicate himself to prayer on behalf of the Church that he has loved and served his entire life.
Please leave a message thanking Pope Benedict XVI for all that he has done, and tell us what prayers and other devotions you will offer for his years of service to the Church.Thank You, Pope Benedict!
- Heiliger Vater, am Tag der Amtseinführung Ihres Nachfolgers Franziskus, der zugleich Ihr Namenstag ist, möchte auch ich Ihnen danken für Ihr großes Pontifikat voller Demut, Klugheit und Liebe. Die Formen der Liturgie, in denen die Auferstehungsherrlichkeit Christi leuchtet, haben Sie in persönlicher Durchdringung gepflegt und weiterentwickelt, nicht aus weltlicher Prachtliebe, sondern aus Liebe zum Herrn und seiner Kirche. Manches haben Sie behutsam vereinfacht und durchscheinender gemacht für den gemeinten Sinn. Solche Vereinfachungen finden immer den Beifall der Welt, die es bei ihren eigenen Zeremonien nicht prachtvoll genug haben kann. Danke, dass Sie dieser Beifallsbereitschaft nicht stärker nachgegeben haben. Gott segne Ihren Lebensfeierabend! Peter Gerloff
- —Guest Peter Gerloff
- Thank you for everything. I hope you will feel better soon.
- —Guest Melissa Alvarado
Thank You for Eight Years of Serivce
- May the Holy Spirit continue to lead you to peace during your retirement.
- —Guest Ethel Brown
No Other Pope
- Your Holiness, in my life, there has not been another Pope who I have loved and respected, as I have loved and respected your Holiness! I am so saddened and fearful, at the same time. I pray Our Eternal Father, our Blessed Lord and our blessed Lady, all the angels and saints, all the blessed and all the holy, will be with you, to watch over you, guide you, and protect you in every way, at all times, now and forever. I can never thank you enough for all that you have done, for me, the Holy Catholic Faith, and the Holy Catholic Church! I will pray that, now, you may rest in peace without the fear of the wolves. God Bless you, Holiness, and be at peace. Yours, in Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Sharon A. Miller
- —Guest Sharon Miller
May God Bless You Abundantly
- May God bless you abundantly on how you led us these years. May he reward the rest of your years with serenity of heart and stable health for the body. Please continue to pray for the Church especially in these troubled times of our world that the gates of the underworld shall not prevail against it. 'Papa Roma Re a leboga thata' (Papa Roma, thank you very much).
- —Guest Cynthia
We Salute You, Holy Father
- Your dedicated service to the Lord & His flock & your resigning the papacy that the Church may better meet its challenges is the finest example of courage & selflessness. Thank you, our dear Pope. We love you most sincerely, & our prayers go with you as you continue to serve Him in a contemplative life of prayers.
- —Guest Chit Simon
Thank You, Pope Benedict
- We will miss you and all the good you achieved. Rest safely and may God bless you always.
Bless You, Pope Benedict
- My heart and prayers are with you now and always. God bless you, Pope Benedict.
- —Guest Cheryl Rusche
Thank You for Your Light of Leadership
- Dear Pope Benedict XVI, blessings upon you as you serve our Church from the quiet depths of your heart. Thank you for accepting the mantle of leadership in these very hard times. Thank you for your humility, your love for God, and for blessing us with your commitment to God above all else. You are continuing to be in my prayers and Mass offerings. In thanksgiving for all you gave and have left for us.
- —Guest Lynn
Il ministero del Papa
- Grazie di tutto: della Sua preghiera, del Suo insegnamento, della Sua testimonianza, della Sua guida.
- —Guest Fr. John Attulli
Thank You So Much
- You took a job that not too many men would even want. You did your best for the love of God and of man. Now take this blessed time of your life and find the God of Peace.
- —Guest JoAnn
Thank You, Pope Benedict
- Thank you, Pope Benedict, for all your undying services. We pray that you will have good health and a happy retirement. Although I was not able to see you personally in London, my heart was weeping with happiness to see you on television. We know you will continue to pray for us. Thank you and God bless HIS people.
- —Guest Joanna Bartolabac
Thanks for Keeping Our Church Well
- Thanks, Pope Benedict! You help us English speakers improve our prayer in the Mass with the excellent new Mass revision. It has brought us closer to Christ. Thank you for attempting to engage Islam in a real discussion! It will eventually happen, and it was a beautiful start. Thanks for the encyclicals on love. You have brought us closer to the kingdom of God.
I Am Grateful for Summorum Pontificum
- Your love and knowledge regarding the Sacred Liturgy and approach to understanding Vatican II have made me see the Church through the right lens. The Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite (which you made much more accessible) has made me fall in love with the Sacrifice of the Mass and helped my faith grow roots. Lastly, your holiness and perseverance is truly inspiring and commendable, and I know in my heart that you will be a saint someday. I will never forgot your pontificate and am grateful for your steadfast leadership and example. God bless Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI!
- —Guest Kevin Koski
Thanking the Pope Benedict
- My Dear Holy Father Pope Benedict, thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit and being guided by him. We are with you. Your prayers will surely guide the new Pope. It will not be a surprise for me if I see you in the list of the saints. God bless you, Holy Father.
- —Guest rev.Fr.Cyril D'souza