Which Sins to Confess?
- If we are always in sin, how can we recognize which ones to confess? Should we confess only the ones we are conscious of?
- —Guest lor
Cremation and Spreading of Ashes
- What does the Bible say about the spreading of one's ashes after cremation? Will you be raised when Jesus returns if you spread your ashes? Where does this information come from in the Bible?
- —Guest email@example.com
Unmarried and Receiving Communion
- Please clarify if a couple who are not married in a Catholic church can receive Holy Communion. How can they remedy the situation if the other party is separated from previous wife?
Baptizing Children of Unmarried Mother
- Would I be able to have my two children baptized, as I am not married? I am a Catholic, and my son attends a Catholic school, and I would like them both to be brought up in the Catholic faith.
- —Guest Janet
- I am an old Catholic and have been since I was born nearly 63 years ago. Please help me clarify this: According to the Ten Commandments, we are not supposed to make images of God or anything in Heaven. Why is our church full of such images? Do we have to pray to them?
- —Guest Rosaline
Must I Confess to a Priest?
- I would rather go to Confession to God than to a priest. Is that OK?
- —Guest Bill
Donating Your Body to Science
- Does the Church allow donation of the body for scientific/medical research?
Disposal of Consecrated Hosts
- Several weeks ago, while I was receiving Communion in the hand, the Host stuck the the priest's finger as he pulled away, and fell on the floor. I stood there not knowing what to do. I would have still taken the Host, but the priest tucked it in his hand under the plate and gave me a new one. This got me thinking about what would be done with the one that fell. Is there a particular protocol for such a situation?
- Is there anything that I can read or how can you tell if you are being called to be a Priest or Deacon? I spoke with my parish priest and he told me to pray a novena, which I did but nothing has happened. Please help.
- —Guest Ben
The "Internal Forum"
- My first wife died. My second wife became a Catholic (her wishes) then left the Church when the priest scandals broke. She left me as well. I am remarried to a wonderful woman. We were married in a civil ceremony because of my divorce. I heard about the Internal Forum on the internet and have since learned that there is such a thing. My second wife would fight annulment tooth and nail just to be as difficult as possible. Therefore I do NOT want to go through that with her. She has just recently stopped harassing me and my family, and I will not start something up again with her. In my heart and conscience I truly know that God is OK with my current marriage, so I am living by the Internal Forum. Why does the Church not openly inform us about the Internal Forum? There are so many Catholics who want to come home but can't because of circumstances like mine.
The Books of the Bible
- Why does the Protestant Bible have fewer books than the Catholic Bible?
- —Guest Fernando
Was St. Joseph a Widower?
- I have read conflicting details about Joseph. Was he a widower when he met Mary or did he remain a virgin also?
- —Guest Marilyn
Previous166-177 of 177