Sacrament of Confirmation and Marriage
- If a couple got married by the Catholic Church without the Sacrament of Confirmation which was required by the Church, is this marriage valid? They just promised the priest they will receive it after getting married by him but never kept their promise and as of today after 20 year they have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation and just got a divorce. Are they really married by the Church? Can they get married by the Church with someone else?
- How can someone find out what an ex-spouse used as info to obtain an annulment if the diocese says they do not disclose it to the other?
- —Guest Margaret Gilmore
- Does a child become a Christian when they are baptised? If so, how is this possible if the child doesn't know what is happening?
- —Guest Stewart Watts
Why Do We Have To Pray Through Saints?
- I am a Catholic, but I have never understood why we have to ask for intercession from the saints.
- —Guest Adrian
- What is the history of the rosary and what is its purpose?
- —Guest Adarich81
- Do Catholics believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible? What about creation vs. evolution?
- —Guest Jackie Cox
- What does this mean? How many years do you have to be married to get one?
- —Guest Kathy Carilsle
Catholicism and Presbyterianism
- What is the difference between Catholicism and Presbyterianism?
- —Guest Allison
Differences in the Bible
- What are the differences between the Catholic Bible and the Protestant Bible, other than the Catholic Bible has more books?
- —Guest usmc18
- What are the major beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church?
- —Guest krystaldaley
What Is a Godfather to Do?
- What does one do to prepare himself to be a godfather? I'm converting to Catholicism and named godfather to my newborn niece. What are my duties, roles, and what do I need to do?
- —Guest Tom Chan
Defenders of the Faith
- Why doesn't the Church take a more active role teaching parishioners about the Faith? I know a handful of Catholics who could even recite a line of scripture, or even one or two who could defend the faith with other Christian denominations.
- —Guest Maria Del Velez
- Is it compulsory to name your children after saints?
- —Guest EDWIN MONCHUSI
Arranging a Baptism at Another Parish
- Our daughter has not been baptised as a Catholic as we wanted her to make up her own mind. She is now eight and has decided she would like to be baptised. We live in the U.K. but have family in Italy. How do we go about arranging a ceremony there?
- —Guest Phil Wilson
Sex Before Marriage
- Do Catholics believe in sex before marriage? I don't know, and I really need to know soon. Please let me know as soon as possible!
- —Guest Lauren