The second commandment of the Church is to observe the laws of fasting and abstinence, in order to bring our passions under control and do penance for our sins.
The questions are numbered consecutively with Lesson Thirty-Fourth. For more information and links to other resources, click on each question below.
- To hear Mass on Sundays and holydays of obligation.
- To fast and abstain on the days appointed.
- To confess at least once a year.
- To receive the Holy Eucharist during the Easter time.
- To contribute to the support of our pastors.
- Not to marry persons who are not Catholics, or who are related to us within the third degree of kindred, nor privately without witnesses, nor to solemnize marriage at forbidden times.