Confirmation strengthens our faith through increasing sanctifying grace in our souls. Through it, we also receive the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit, which allow us to live our lives according to the will of God. In practice, those seven gifts bear the twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit, which are illustrated in the Beatitudes.
The questions are numbered consecutively with Lesson Fifteenth. For more information and links to other resources, click on each question below.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the land.
- Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice, for they shall be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the clean of heart, for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
- Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.