Question: When Is Lent 2013?
Lent is the season of penance and prayer before Easter. When is Lent 2013?
While Lent is a 40-day period of fasting and prayer, there are 46 days from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday (inclusive). For an explanation of the discrepancy, see How Are the 40 Days of Lent Calculated?
More FAQs About Lent:
- Why Don't Roman Catholics Sing the Alleluia During Lent?
- What Should Replace the Alleluia During Lent?
- Should I Give Up My Diet for Lent?
- What Are the Rules for Fasting and Abstinence in the Catholic Church?
- Should We Fast on Sundays?
- What Is Laetare Sunday?