As the eyes of the world turn to Rome on this final day of the pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI, many Catholic wish to express their heartfelt gratitude to the Holy Father, not only for his nearly eight years of service as pope, but for a lifetime of service to Christ and His Church.
On this bittersweet day, as we wish Pope Benedict farewell, you can offer your own words of thanks, and a promise of prayers or other devotions that you will perform in gratitude for all that Pope Benedict has done, on this page: Thank Pope Benedict XVI for His Years of Service. It takes only a minute, and if you're logged in to Facebook, you can choose to have your message of thanks posted to your Facebook wall once it is published.
And while you're on that page, you can read some of the 875 messages already posted. From the shortest to the longest, all are heartfelt and moving.
More on Pope Benedict's Resignation:
- BREAKING: Pope Benedict XVI to Resign on February 28, 2013
- The Pope Resigns: "He Never Wanted to Be Pope"
- The Pope Resigns: Why February 11?
- The Pope Resigns: The Shade of Celestine
- The Pope Resigns: The Rest of the Story?
- Pope Benedict XVI's Final General Audience (February 27, 2013)
- The Pope Resigns: "Christ Continues to Walk Through All Times in All Places"