June 13 was the feast of Saint Anthony of Padua, a 13th-century priest, theologian, and doctor of the Church. Regarded in his own lifetime as a "wonder-worker" for the miracles he performed, Saint Anthony is best known today as the patron saint of those who have lost items. Thousands, if not millions, of Catholics invoke Saint Anthony's intercession every day.
Some of those Catholics are readers of the About.com Catholicism GuideSite, and they have shared their stories in How Saint Anthony Helped Me Find a Lost Item. Now it's your turn. Have you ever prayed to Saint Anthony to find something you had lost? If so, what happened? Share your story with your fellow readers!
(Statue of Saint Anthony of Padua holding the Christ Child in the Church of San Crisogono in Trastevere, Rome. Photo © Scott P. Richert.)
More on Saint Anthony:
- Saint Anthony of Padua, Priest and Doctor of the Church
- Saint Anthony the Wonder-Worker
- Novena to Saint Anthony to Find a Lost Article
- Novena to Saint Anthony for Any Need
- Reader Stories: How Saint Anthony Helped Me Find a Lost Item