1. Religion & Spirituality
Scott P. Richert

Detraction, Calumny, and Father Corapi: The Black Sheep Dog

By August 4, 2011

In the previous installments in this series ("Detraction, Calumny, and Father Corapi: The Accuser" and "Detraction, Calumny, and Father Corapi: SOLT"), we looked at the case of Fr. John Corapi by examining the actions of the accuser and of Father Corapi's religious order. In both pieces, we assumed neither guilt nor innocence on the part of Father Corapi, but considered whether the accuser and SOLT might be guilty of detraction or calumny if he is innocent or if he is guilty.

Now, in this final installment, we'll examine the actions of the Black Sheep Dog himself. Whatever opinions one may hold about Father Corapi and the likelihood of his guilt or innocence, one thing is clear: John Corapi, as he has repeatedly said, is not a man who plans to "lay down and die." In speaking out in his own defense, he has not minced words about either his accuser or his superiors in his religious order. But could the things he has said amount to either detraction or calumny?

Obviously, if Father Corapi is guilty of the actions of which he has been accused, the answer is simple: In accusing his accuser of lying, and in claiming that his religious order and the bishop of Corpus Christi want him "to be gone," Father Corapi would be guilty of calumny. If the things his accuser have said are true, the only way he would not be guilty of calumny would be if he is somehow unable properly to distinguish truth and falsity—if, for instance, he is mentally ill. But there seems no reason to think that that is true.

But what if his accuser lied, and Father Corapi did none of the things of which she has accused him? Wouldn't the answer then be simple, too? After all, if Father Corapi is simply defending himself against false charges, how could he possibly be guilty of detraction or calumny?

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Father Corapi certainly has a right to defend himself against unjust accusations, but he has to do so justly. For instance, he cannot decide that he will counter a lie with a lie. In the course of his defense, Father Corapi has said a number of things about his accuser that are quite damaging to her reputation. If any of those things are untrue, Father Corapi would be guilty of calumny, even if his accuser has lied about him.

We saw in other installments that circumstances can make the difference between detraction and mere truth-telling. Here, we see the opposite about calumny: If you tell someone a lie about a third person, it doesn't matter if that third person has also been telling lies about you. Two wrongs—hers and yours—do not make a right.

Let's continue to assume that Father Corapi's accuser made up her accusations entirely, but now let's assume that everything Father Corapi has said about her is true. He obviously isn't guilty of calumny, then, since calumny requires telling a lie. But could he have engaged in detraction?

Possibly. Remember that the current Catechism of the Catholic Church says that a person is guilty of detraction if he, "without objectively valid reason, discloses another's faults and failings to persons who did not know them." Is self-defense an objectively valid reason? Under most circumstances, probably yes. The things Father Corapi has said about his accuser undercut her credibility, and therefore make her allegations against him seem less likely.

Yet the person who is defending himself must still mount his defense proportionately. He cannot engage in the moral equivalent of the old Cold War doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction. In other words, if someone lies about you to your boss, you cannot turn around and reveal every bad thing you know about her to the entire world.

And that brings us to an important point. As we discussed in the previous installments, neither the accuser nor SOLT made the allegations against Father Corapi public. It was Father Corapi who did that. Having done so, he's not exactly in the best position to make the argument that he had an "objectively valid reason" to reveal his accuser's sins.

Of course, it might have been hard for Father Corapi to remain silent, since the suspension of his priestly ministry during the period of the investigation required him to cancel large public events. Questions would have been asked, and he would have to provide at the very least some vague yet truthful answer. Yet in deciding it was better to get the allegations out into the open at the very beginning, he actually opened himself up to the charge of detraction (as we have seen). The best we can say (if we continue to assume his innocence) is that he was in a Catch-22—damned if he did; damned if he didn't.

Finally, there's the matter of Father Corapi's civil lawsuit against his accuser. Under normal circumstances, a civil lawsuit is a public document, and the material contained therein can be detrimental to the defendant. For instance, while the accuser has so far declined to make a public statement about her allegations, the lawsuit (naturally) lists her name. It also details many (though not all) of the allegations that she made against Father Corapi, including some which make her look pretty bad. For example, in making the allegations, she admits things about her past and indicates that her alleged illicit actions with Father Corapi were consensual.

And so we arrive at a very unusual point. Let's assume one last time that the accuser is telling the truth. Even though one cannot normally be guilty of both detraction and calumny as the result of a single statement (calumny requires telling a lie; detraction requires telling the truth), in this situation Father Corapi would be guilty not only of calumny (because he insists that his accuser is lying) but of detraction, because in the lawsuit he has publicly revealed her sins.

We could run through the same set of suppositions regarding Father Corapi's statement about SOLT, but the circumstances are rather similar, so there's nothing much to be gained by doing so. (If you have any particular questions, however, feel free to ask them in the comments.)

And so we arrive at the end of our attempt to use a real-life example to illustrate the difference between calumny and detraction. I hope that you have found it useful. If you would like to read similar discussions of moral questions using examples currently in the news, please say so in the comments!

Related Articles:

More on Father John Corapi:

Connect With Scott: Twitter | Facebook | Newsletters
Comments
August 4, 2011 at 2:56 pm
(1) Judith77 says:

I’m not a mental health practitioner, however; I’m not so sure that he is not mentally ill. Was he prescribed prescription drugs when he was ill? If so, that could easily precipitate an ex-drug abuser to experience his past all over again, including his past mental state. I am not saying that is what happened. I do not know. But, it is yet another possibility.
Not excusing or judging any parties involved in this scandal. We do not know and most likely will never know the entire situation/situations. I pray for all involved, including the “Corapians.”

August 4, 2011 at 11:30 pm
(2) Salvy says:

Even if Sheepdog, through some fantasy, let me shoot all his guns on his ranch, lent me one of his motorboats off his dock to take a spin around the lake, or let me borrow one of his four wheel drives for the day to impress all the Montana mountain gals like he does, I’d have to still doubt I could ever become one of those Corapians.

August 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm
(3) Esther Ventura Ferencz says:

@Salvy; How hateful a human you are! First there is is no such think as ‘Corapians’. SO this SIR, I am making an assumption on that…as to your being a ‘SIR’. I digress, YOU are guilty of breaking a VERY IMPORTANT COMMANDMENT.
“Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness’ . These are the words of GOD! Not JCorapi, nor Mr. Ritchi, nor you. How shameful and degrading can ANY and ALL of you be? I would say your shame knows no BOUNDS. Now get in line for confession as you have commited a sin!

September 27, 2011 at 10:55 pm
(4) robert says:

He’s allowed to own what ever he wants he’s a lay priest and did not take a vow of poverty. He’s never asked anyone for a dime and supported SOLT with his money. What’s your point?

August 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm
(5) Kevin says:

Fr Corapi said in a recent You Tube video under Black Sheepdog that he does not want us to take our eyes off Jesus. This is what is critical for all involved to remember. We continue to pray for all parties involved.

August 5, 2011 at 4:21 pm
(6) Esther Ventura Ferencz says:

Kevin..YOU are the only one on this site to make ONE WITT of sense, ALL others,including the author of this piece are in severe need of confession, as to ‘thou shalt not bear false witness’…..They need to line up for confession as to the dragging a mans name in the dirt, which is tantamount to calumny! Shameful Mr. Ritchie!
Sounds also as YOU Mr. Ritchi are also guilty of ENVY, YES ENVY. As you made mention of the thousands of people waiting to hear Fr. Corapis series of talks.And now it being cancelled, YOU are guilty of GOSSIP as well. ITS so very obvious you have the capacity to draw but 3 4 5 at most to this site, and to compare that to thousands is galling to you.
The larger picture is you are the Detracter and guilty party of Calumny. BTW if this does NOT post, QUIT sending me via email your Bloggers Post!

August 5, 2011 at 4:29 pm
(7) Sandra says:

Firmly believe that on one of Fr. Corapi’s talks he said he was given 11 million Dollars, I personally think this is where the problem is, that large amount of money is the root of all evil, instead of turning most of it into the Church or Bishop he kept it and nothing is worse than those sort of large sums of money to take us away from God if we are not used to having it, a bit like the rich man in the bible coudl not follow the Lord as he had much in the way of material goods.

August 5, 2011 at 6:28 pm
(8) Christine says:

Scott,
Do you know by chance where the lawsuit stands?
Thanks

August 5, 2011 at 7:18 pm
(9) Salvy says:

Scott, guess this is a good time as any to ask again about Father Corapi’s vows as an ordained priest–if he really made a “promise of poverty” but not a “vow to poverty.” Whatever that all really means.
That’s what a fewl people have written on your sights. And, I do realize it may be practically impossible to know for sure–like a lot of things about this controversial figure.
But, I think this is significant. What exactly was it? We do know he’s had a very successful business career, and got somewhat rich and famous as a religious and spiritual agent of the Catholic Church and under the Roman Collar–the largest and longest existing charitable organization, by far, the world has ever seen.
I say if Corapi wants to play businessman as a Catholic priest in the 2000 year old Universal Church of the Father- Son- Holy Ghost , he should keep no more for himself, than say a typical parish priest. And, that’s only one man’s opinion.

August 5, 2011 at 9:43 pm
(10) Sandy C says:

Salvy,I agree with you that Corapi should only keep what a typical parish priest recieves.This is part of the humbling imitation of Jesus that makes priests different from other ministers.They (priests) are not in it for the money.John Corapi is seeming like a modern age tv prodestant evangelical preacher.I find the whole idea of a millionaire man of God to be ludicrious.I don’t know why but in the last few years that (still want to call him Father)Corapi started dying his hair and tanning,I felt he was being fake.Also unbecoming as a priest.Quite frankly,I began to think he resembled many of the well off people I have known in the past who had alcohol and/or drug addicition problems.I am a Catholic convert-3yrs.now.I have enjoyed Father Corapi’s series on EWTN.I want to believe he is innocent of the charges against him.That he will be reinstated as a priest.I;m grateful to be able to discuss this matter with you and the others on this forum.

August 6, 2011 at 2:53 pm
(11) Johnnychuck says:

What was Father Corapi doing with all those bikes, cars and boast? Planning for Holy Orders retreat I am guessing. What was he doing with a hooker? Same thing Jesus was doing I am guessing. So what is this Catholics commiting slander against this priest? Or Calumny. Canon Law says “Anyone who even strikes a priest is Excommunicated.” I am amazed any Bishop would support this. So called Public Announcement.

August 10, 2011 at 8:24 pm
(12) Nora says:

For this reason, Johnnychuck, we must pray and offer up all our sufferings for the healing of the soul of Fr. Corapi. We should never measure the sins of others without charity, but always thinking our High Priest, Who knows what’s going on in the heart of all His priests, is always there to guide them to repentance and healing.
Fr. Corapi has left the door open to the enemy and now he is in bondage.
Fr. Corapi was instrymental in bringing me back to Holy Mother Church, after wandering around like a the prodigal son of Holy Scriptures. I owe too much to the mercy of God and Fr. Corapi for the new heart inside of my being.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us all SINNERS!

August 7, 2011 at 12:43 pm
(13) LuannD says:

Many times, while flipping through the TV channels, I would land on EWTN, when Fr. Corapi was speaking and listen to him. I am completely in a fog over this controversy. These comments and blogs posted on About.com Catholicism are the only inkling I have of this “scandal”. As I understand, Fr. Corapi was suspended by his Order, but then he announced he is leaving the priesthood. What is the whole to-do about? Somebody accused him of something? And who are the Corapians? And why is he calling himself the Black Sheep Dog? I have to be perfectly honest with all these commenters, upon watching him giving his sermons on TV, I had a very weird feeling … a gut reaction to him – he was very creepy. Take it for what it’s worth!

August 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm
(14) Quandry says:

There are far too many tongue-waggers here knocking each other aside in their rush to present personal (and often outright false) opinions as fact.

Pray for everyone involved. And hope that you are judged with more mercy than you have shown.

August 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm
(15) Lisa Mladinich says:

Hi Scott, Just a quick note to tell you that I think it’s pretty clear to any fair-minded person that your article, which is clearly and thoughtfully written, attempts to use a current event as a teachable moment. Clearly there was no intent to abuse Father Corapi in any way. You did a great job clarifying the distinction between calumny and detraction. I am now clearer on this point than I have ever been, and I thank you. I trust that you are a man of character and faith and will not let attack comments discourage you from continuing your excellent work. Attacks are generally a good sign, in my experience. If you weren’t doing something important, no one would care. God bless you in His abundant peace and protection. In Christ, Lisa Mladinich

August 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm
(16) Celina says:

Thank for this series analyzing the various postions and aspects of the (former?) Father Corapi ordeal. You have helped me to see the different angles and I appreciate that.

August 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm
(17) TG says:

Scott, very good article. I don’t see how anyone can see you were spreading gossip. I was a supporter of John Corapi and learned a lot from him by watching EWTN. I wasn’t about to pay the enormous price of his DVD’s. His actions, choice of words, lack of humility and disobedience to the Church are what leads me to not believe him. I do pray for him and hope he doesn’t end up like some of the people he told us about. Salvy, you made me laugh.

August 19, 2011 at 12:37 pm
(18) Ali says:

BTW, SOLT did re: statement:

Press Release Concerning Fr John Corapi from SOLT Regional Priest Servant
July 5, 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nasty. I expected this to be handled much better by both parties. I don’t see evidence either way… as in what parties gave the info, there’s no private detective noted.

August 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm
(19) Scott P. Richert says:

Ali, I assume that you are responding to this:

If so, you’ve misunderstood the point. SOLT has indeed discussed the allegations publicly, but it was Father Corapi who made the allegations public. SOLT did not discuss them publicly until Father Corapi had announced them (and even then, they waited some time before discussing them in any detail).

My comment came in the context of whether Father Corapi might have had an “objectively valid reason” for discussing his accuser’s sins. One such reason might be self-defense. But since he was the one to reveal the allegations, not his accuser or SOLT, it becomes much harder to argue that he had an objectively valid reason occasioned by the release of the allegations.

August 22, 2011 at 6:51 pm
(20) Migara says:

Re Navy Seals. Knew instantly they were betrayed. And I’m sure many people feel the same. Of course the silent media would never dare suggest such a thing and rain on the Community Organizer’s oops President’s parade.

We need a real LEADER.

August 23, 2011 at 5:12 pm
(21) Susan says:

Wonderful article Scott. I know ‘Fr.’ will come out of this enlightened to whatever it is God want to reveal to him. We need to pray for this! I also pray for his followers, including myself, to put the priesthood in perspective. As dynamic some are, priests are not meant to be rock stars.

God Bless to you and your ministry.

August 24, 2011 at 8:31 am
(22) Logos says:

More “dancing on the head of a pin” if you ask me. The truth will come out, and the world will eventually know who the liar is despite all this damage control. John seems to be the only one worried about our future, while the Church is only worried about it’s future. It would have been nice if they’d have defrocked the pedophiles BEFORE this all happened. The easy way out is usually the shortest path to perdition.

August 24, 2011 at 10:26 am
(23) Scott P. Richert says:

You’ve picked a particularly perverse nom de plume, “Logos,” if you’re going to write such lines as “John seems to be the only one worried about our future, while the Church is only worried about it’s future.” The true Logos assured us that the Holy Spirit would guide His Church, and that the gates of Hell would not prevail against it. He did not make such assurances about “John.”

October 1, 2011 at 9:16 pm
(24) redrobot says:

Scott P. Richert,
Thank you for putting clarity and perspective on a very confusing situation. Certainly, Fr. John Corapi was impressive in his preaching, but his actions after his accuser made those allegations did not correspond with what he preached. Very confusing. Your fair, balanced and intelligent instalments in this matter enabled me to be unbiased in an arena where one can easily get carried away with an emotional or hurtful response. God knows we have had a lot of deeply hurtful situations in the church.

Salvy,
Sorry to hear about your beloved dog.

Esher Ventura Ferencz,
Have you ever heard of ‘FREE SPEECH’?
YOU MAY FIND IN HELPFUL TO TAKE A LAXATIVE.

November 12, 2011 at 11:04 pm
(25) Mike says:

Lets not condemn Father J.Corapi for the choice of name for his new website..Pls !! Blacksheep does not mean it is from the evil one !!

If we called ourselves Christians..lets not forget Our Lord Jesus
choose 12 leaders or other prophets..some of whom are Really Black Sheeps also in their time..some of them have done much more worse things than these seemingly bad “deeds” of Father Corapi..???
And why do we disagree with his constant reference to the military in our spiritual warfare against the Evil One…the Christian Church have fought many Holy Crusades to protect our faith and what about David..a general..a murderer..an adulterer nad yet our Lord Bless him..!!

Lastly it does not mean that if Priets live within the community they will be much Holier than those living outside as Father John Corapi ?

So lets us all not be hypocrates ourselves and just judge by external signs & sights of Father Corapi…Remember our Lord works in mysterious ways and His ways are not our ways !!

I am just a converted Catholic from Singapore and in the many few instances that i have manage to watch Father Corapi on EWTN..i find him to be a Realistic & Down to earth priest that have been Bless by our Lord with the Gift of Tongues..to bring back lost sheeps !!

Being a priests is not Just to show that you are Holy all your life..what good will that be if throughout your Priesthood..you Only win a few souls for our Lord???

I will and urge all our church clergy to always pray for Father Corapi & all our bishops-Cardinals – Priests – Religious Brothers & Nuns that they can keep personal politics and jealousy away from their daily work for our Lord !!

To me Father John Corapi will always be for me – A Priest For Life !!

Mike Teo

November 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm
(26) Eleanor Nandrasy says:

I agree with Mike, Fr. Corapi has helped me in many way, in following our LORD’s ways Please keep him in all our prayers,

Eleanor

January 24, 2012 at 10:30 pm
(27) Lorraine in New Jersey says:

It appears as if some key facts have been omitted here. When Fr. Corapi’s accuser was fired from Santa Cruz Media, amidst allegations of drinking on the job and other inappropriate conduct, she punched a co-worker in the face and vowed to “destroy” Fr. Corapi. Not only should SOLT have immediately dismissed what were unsubstantiated accusations without corroboration by anyone else, the woman should have been criminally prosecuted for assault and battery as well as sued in civil court by Corapi for defamation of character.

As for the suit filed against this woman for breach of contract, she most certainly did breach her contract with Santa Cruz Media in the same way that I would have breached the contract I had with my Company, had I conducted myself in a similar fashion in the wake of my termination. This has been blown way out of proportion, as the entire matter has.

SOLT could have, and should have, exonerated Corapi, upon realizing the extent of the accusers’ instability and having nothing else to go on but her word. By that time however, the gloves were off on both sides and it was a grudge match.

As long as Fr. Corapi didn’t embezzle money from the church or acquire it in a similar fashion in violation of the law, it is none of my business or anyone else’s business how much money he has or whether he has a boat, an ATV, etc. With the rigorous travel schedule he used to adhere to each year traveling this country and abroad to speak about the teachings of the Catholic church, I am certainly not going to begrudge use of these vehicles during his “downtime.” Once again, a non-issue.

In the end, not only was Corapi victimized by an unstable “non-victim,” those of us who reaped the benefits of his teachings were as well. It is SOLT who should be ashamed, not Corapi.

February 2, 2012 at 11:48 pm
(28) MJ says:

When truth is spoken, is it any less the truth when a sinner speaks it? What if he’s a really bad sinner? Does the truth become less true?

Does it make any difference what Fr. Corapi’s sins are if he was preaching the truth?

February 16, 2012 at 12:15 pm
(29) C. PATRICIA FOX says:

I have attended many conferences of Fr. Corapi. He is a man of God. If Fr. Corapi had a conference tomorrow, as John Corapi, I would attend. I have spoken to some priests who feel the same way. I do not believe the charges against him. He :stepped on many toes” and I believe certain members in the Church wanted him gone. As far as the woman is concerned, what better way to bring someone down as to accuse him of all the things he was guilty of before his conversion. I believe that the Blessed Mother has him in her care and if he were guilty of committing the sins of his past, he would not be able to continuing to lead people to Jesus and continue with spiritual writings. I pray for him eveyr day that he will be vindicated. P Fox

February 29, 2012 at 4:20 am
(30) harriett fredericksen says:

Father Corapi didn’t reveal her “sins”, he revealed her allegations.

February 29, 2012 at 8:45 am
(31) Scott P. Richert says:

Harriett, I assume you’re referring to this statement:

“Let’s assume one last time that the accuser is telling the truth. Even though one cannot normally be guilty of both detraction and calumny as the result of a single statement (calumny requires telling a lie; detraction requires telling the truth), in this situation Father Corapi would be guilty not only of calumny (because he insists that his accuser is lying) but of detraction, because in the lawsuit he has publicly revealed her sins.”

I stand by what I wrote. If the accuser is telling the truth, she privately revealed things about her own behavior to the proper authorities (Father Corapi’s superiors and the bishop of the diocese in which he was incardinated). Father Corapi made those things public by disclosing them in a civil lawsuit. That amounts to revealing her sins, which would be detraction.

But again, all of this assumes that she is telling the truth. If she is not telling the truth, then revealing the things she has said about herself would not necessarily amount to detraction. All of this is covered in the post.

March 1, 2012 at 2:50 pm
(32) cygon says:

You have been there before, Fr. John. PLEASE!!!! Repent and come back. The Lord loves you and is still pursuing you like that hound from heaven.You have said it yourself….”humility, humility, humility”….. “Make yourself so small that the devil can’t see you.

March 1, 2012 at 2:53 pm
(33) cygon says:

Does the sin of detraction include telling about those who you know engage in pedophilia? maybe this is why it was kept secret for so long.I don’t believe that telling the truth is a sin. …unless it results in death of the innocent like, for example, telling the nazi that there are jews in your basement.

March 1, 2012 at 2:57 pm
(34) cygon says:

I initially did not believe the allegations However, since Corapi’s prideful refusal to obey his religious superior and return to the monastery (and leave his “ranch” and properties and millions won from a lawsuit), I have lost faith in him; and the fact that his countersuit was initiated with the purpose of ‘gagging’ his accuser from speaking in an internal investigation done by his religious order, reenforces the nagging feeling in me that he is guilty as charged. I hope he repents and come back to the Lord. He has been blessed with so many graces.

March 1, 2012 at 3:01 pm
(35) cygon says:

Lorraine, Fr. Corapi is a ‘religious’ priest and has taken a vow of poverty among other vows. He should be living in his community, not in a ranch, with millions in the bank in his own name. that money should belong to his order, otherwise it is best that he does not go on with his charade of hypocrisy, preaching what he does not practice. Notably so since he has hit other church officials with comments about pride and insubordination … which he is now committing himself.

March 1, 2012 at 3:35 pm
(36) Scott P. Richert says:

“I don’t believe that telling the truth is a sin.”

Detraction isn’t simply “telling the truth”; it’s revealing the truth to someone who has no right to it.

Reporting a priest who has engaged in pedophilia to the proper authorities, ecclesiastical and secular, is not detraction. Spreading this information among those who do not need to know it can be.

April 19, 2012 at 7:32 pm
(37) A Henneberry says:

I see that Father Corapi’s property in Montana has gone into foreclosure and his Black Sheep Dog website is taken down. Pray for him.

June 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm
(38) BigStan says:

I think Fr. Corapi got lost when he became a big success. The money and the fame may have gone to his head. Fr. Corapi if you are reading these comments I have this to say. Peter said, “I have neither silver or gold but what I have I will give to you.” and Peter then healed the lame beggar. Please Fr. Corapi give away your money to the poor and follow Jesus again. You will be healed through humility. Pray readers for his return to SOLT.

June 24, 2012 at 7:51 pm
(39) SOMEONE says:

JUNE 24 2012 JHON THE BAPTIST FEAST.

I WONDER WHY THE DEVIL IS SO UPSET, WITH THIS PRIEST…..

January 13, 2013 at 5:17 pm
(40) Silver says:

Richert is a sanctimonious hack and knows NO details pertaining to Fr. Corapi. It’s quite apparent Richart simply doesn’t like him and is trying his hand at backhanded charity pretending to be charitable and objective in his verbiage. REAL Catholics understand that EVERYONE sins and can fall from grace. No one knows if Corapi did what he’s accused of, and frankly it is a non-issue. It’s the wretched that won’t forgive.

January 14, 2013 at 6:02 am
(41) Scott P. Richert says:

Thank you, Silver, for a perfect example of calumny. Perhaps you should go back and read the entire series so that you can better understand what I intended and can quit ascribing untrue intentions to me.

September 25, 2013 at 12:40 am
(42) Peter Drabbant says:

Mr. Richert

Do you have an update or any word on, I”m sorry, “Father” Corapi? We cannot judge a man and I definitiely suspend any judgment on him not knowing if he did is true, or the “accuser” wants to destroy him. The devil is the details and if Fr. Corapi is sincere, genuine and falsely accused, I hope he will be vindicated. In any event, have you heard anything lately? Thanks for your series…